Lots of nasal problems can be successfully treated with medication, although sometimes surgery is necessary.
Nasal surgery to address airway and sinus problems has been revolutionised by :
- An improved understanding of the natural drainage passageways from the sinuses. Previously surgery took no account of this. We aim to restore natural sinus anatomy and functionality.
- Better imaging techniques including CT and MRI scans allow for a precise diagnosis of the problem.
- Improved instrumentation allows for focused surgery with less post-operative bleeding and usually no need for nasal packing. e.g balloon sinuplasty
Rhinoplasty surgery to address the appearance of the nose has benefited from:
- Digital imaging and image manipulation software to enhance pre-operative analysis of the underlying structural problem. This also allows us to show you the likely outcome of any surgery.
- A better understanding of the variations in nasal anatomy and the structural supports of the nose